WUSA Marketing offers the following services to clubs free of charge:
- Club branding
- Graphic design
- Assistance with promotion
How to access WUSA's Marketing Services?
- Log into: https://clubs.wusa.ca
- Click “Club Memberships” -> click club name -> requests -> Marketing
Do not hesitate to take advantage of the WUSA' Marketing Department for all your advertising needs—they can provide a number of services from design work (which is free) to printing (at discounted rates). You may submit your request by submitting a marketing request at request.wusa.ca.
Please allow a minimum of 3 business days for design request and 1 business day for printing.
More details are available on the WUSA website (http://wusa.ca).
All promotional material (ie. posters, club cards, websites, etc.) should contain the WUSA Clubs Logo, otherwise they will not be approved. A digital version of the logo has been provided on the website to help clubs when creating promotional materials.
The logos should not be edited or changed in any way or form.
Posters are one of the most effective ways to inform the student body about events a club is conducting. Clubs are free to create advertisements at their own discretion, so long as they follow these few steps along the way:
- All clubs advertising materials must be brought for approval to the Clubs Manager or Marketing Department prior to posting
Advertising material must contain the club's name or logo, club contact info or where to obtain more information, the WUSA Club Logo, and if it is for an event it must include the following items:
- Clubs name and logo
- WUSA Club Logo
- Event name
- Event location (include exact address if it is off campus)
- Event start time (and end time if you wish)
- Ticket pricing (member, non-member, non-UW students, etc.)
- (If Applicable) Specify if the event is all ages, 19+, or split license (i.e. all ages with 19+ section)
- Location to purchase tickets
- WHere to find more information or who to contact for more information (if applicable)
- The English translation of any words written in another language
Unless otherwise approved by the Clubs Manager and/or the appropriate facility personnel, club posters are only allowed:
- On Wusa poster boards if booked in advance through the poster run by contacting Reception ( email@example.com).
- Society boards or Faculty Department approved areas (with specific approval from the respective society or department).
- Boards in the SLC (with specific approval from the Turnkey Desk)
- The Clubs Community Center (by dropping one off with the Clubs Support Team)
- Designated outdoor poster stands (the red roofed structures by PAC, The Rock Garden, and AL).
One poster per event per board no larger than 11 x 17 inches
- All poster content must follow guidelines set out by the WUSA and University of Waterloo
- Failure to adhere to the WUSA poster policy will result in a ban on all club posters for up to one year at the discretion of the Clubs Manager
- WUSA operates a poster run that places posters on each Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association Poster Board around campus (small run) and the residences (large run) each week (bi-weekly for the Spring term).
- Clubs can book a space on the run by speaking with the receptionist.
- Poster run prices can be found on the WUSA website.
- Slots are allocated on a first come-first served basis, so book your run well in advance. You will be asked to bring your posters to the Accounts Receivables Clerk a few days before the run.
Society/Building Ad Boards
- Many of the student societies, faculties and individual buildings have bulletin board space to post advertisements. Clubs are free to enquire about using these spaces on their own, but must first have brought the poster to the Clubs Manager for approval.
Student Life Centre
- Clubs must submit posters they want put up in the SLC to the Turnkey Desk for approval and stamping. The Turnkey staff will post the posters themselves. Clubs are limited to at most four (4) of the same poster. Larger banners may be hung in the SLC atrium provided they are advertising for a specific event (i.e. not general club advertising or for a regularly occurring event such as a club meeting).
- Banners must be removed no more than two weeks after the date they were posted. It is the responsibility of the club to remove their own banner.
Clubs Community Center Upcoming Event Board
- The Clubs Community Center (SLC 2139) has an upcoming events board. Clubs who wish to post an event on the Clubs Community Center upcoming events board need to drop off a poster with the Clubs Support Team between Monday and Friday, 10am-3pm.
- The poster can only stay up for two weeks maximum.